If you're wondering right now: what does it feel like to be truly in love? You may be doing it for different reasons, among them is that at this moment you are in a relationship where you are not be sure what you feel for that special person in your life, you may also have never been in love in your life and that you are curious to know what it feels like to be or that you want to be really sure that what you feel about a person now is true love. First of all you have to know that there is a big difference between what is love and falling in love and once the be clear, you can begin to reflect on what a person who is truly in love normally experiences.
This is why in this Psychology-Online article: what does it feel like to be in love for real, we are going to let you know what are the main characteristics of a person who is really in love.
Love is a very subjective and at the same time complex feeling since being something that cannot be touched it is complicated to study and define it. However, even though love cannot be seen or touched, the most important thing is that it can be felt and experienced with intensity. The vast majority of people tend to have the belief that when we talk about love and falling in love we are referring to the same thing, however this is not the case.
Love and infatuation
But what is the difference between love and infatuation? The main and most important difference is that the act of falling in love unlike the purest and truest love, Is a passenger. It is a quite intense and deep emotion that even changes our brain chemistry and thanks to it, people lovers cannot see the other in his totality, they look at him only with his virtues and magnify them by totally omitting his defects.
A person in love has the belief that who she loves at that moment is someone perfect, she can feel the famous butterflies in her stomach every time she sees her, her He idealizes (it), gets to do all kinds of crazy things that he would never have imagined doing for that person, he lives with many emotional ups and downs since a large part of his happiness depends on how your relationship with the other person goes, among many other things that are undoubtedly worth experiencing and it is extremely pleasant when the love you feel is good reciprocated. It is important to learn to differentiate love from obsession with a person .
Falling in love cannot last a lifetime since the intense emotions it provokes would not allow us to carry out our goals. personal or simply a normal life where we carry out our daily activities correctly feeling greater stability emotional.
Secondly pure or real love is different since in this case it is possible to perceive the loved person in its entirety, being able to see his virtues but also her defects in the same way, the other is not idealized and accept as it is, taking into account that it is not perfect and it never will be, despite the fact that the butterflies in the stomach disappear, the love is there, more and more strong. It is a type of love that goes beyond the ecstasy that falling in love can give you, it is more mature, less selfish, more sincere and does not appear overnight since builds over time so, if you like, it does not have an expiration date.
What does it feel like to be in love? Falling in love is subjective so all people can experience different symptoms that indicate that we are in love. However, some of the most common symptoms are as follows:
- Intense feelings of happiness when it is well reciprocated and intense discomfort when we are rejected.
- Increased heart rate when being close to or even thinking about the loved one.
- Loss of normal sleep rhythm. We may get to sleep less because we feel more alert and active.
- Thinking all or most of the day about the person you love.
- It is totally idealized to the loved one, ceasing to see her defects and enhancing her virtues.
- Increased energy levels
- Lack of concentration due to thinking about the loved one.
- Body tremor
- Do things that we could never have imagined in order to be with that person.
- Enjoying the company of a loved one too much
Although it is difficult to avoid doing things that we want to be in a state of full love, it is important to take into account that first of all we must love and respect ourselves, increasing our self esteem.
It may be that sometimes when we are in love we tend to prioritize the other person over all others, including ourselves. That is why it is important to take into account this series of tips that will undoubtedly benefit you in the short or long term whether or not you continue with that person:
- Don't do things against your will. If at any time you feel that for the other person to end up accepting you in her life, you have to do things that are against your wishes or values, remember that a person who really wants to be with you does not have to impose you nothing. So make your point of view known and come to a conclusion where you both benefit and don't end up giving in just to be accepted.
- Be yourself. It is clear that at the beginning, when we are meeting another person, especially if it is a person we like, we try to present the best version of ourselves, which is nothing wrong. What we should avoid doing is trying to be someone we are not just to get the other person's attention and feel accepted.
- Do not fall into the obsession. There is a difference that sometimes it is not easy to distinguish between being in love and being obsessed with someone. One of the ways you can know what is really happening to you is to realize how much joy and how much discomfort you are experiencing. If you feel that this situation is hurting you more than benefiting, you may be falling into an obsession.
This article is merely informative, in Psychology-Online we do not have the power to make a diagnosis or recommend a treatment. We invite you to go to a psychologist to treat your particular case.