At present, awareness of the importance of worry about our mental health and the people around us. Physical health has always been one of the aspects that has most concerned the population, but on many occasions the importance of mental well-being and mental health was ignored.
For this reason, thinking of people who are concerned about the good state of their mental health, in this Psychology-Online article, we are going to see if the health insurance includes the psychotherapy.
Before answering the main question of the article, it is necessary to review the types of health insurance that we can find in the market, since having this cataloging clear it is easier to answer whether health insurance includes therapy psychological.
- Medical insurance without copay: They have a fixed cost and the insured can access all the health services offered by their medical center.
- Co-pay medical insurance: In this type of insurance, a fixed fee is also paid every month, more than lower than in the previous case. But in return, when you go to a consultation you will have to pay a part of the costs of the service.
- Certified medical insurance: This type of insurance is very similar to the previous one, but the difference is that the fixed part to pay or premium is much cheaper, while the cost per service is usually more expensive.
- Health insurance with reimbursement: With this type of insurance, the client will pay the cost of each consultation and the insurer will return the agreed percentage. With some reimbursement insurance it is also allowed to visit professionals from other medical centers and the insurer also covers a percentage of the cost of it.
- Medical insurance without hospitalization: These insurances are quite cheap because they do not cover hospital admissions or surgeries.
The answer is simple, yesMost health insurance does cover psychotherapy and psychological care. But the conditions under which it is subject can be very different from one insurer to another, that is why it is It is recommended that you compare the offers of the different insurers on a specialized page such as Doctori.com.
If what interests you in health insurance is psychological care, the most advisable option is to choose insurance without copayment, since these usually cover between 15 and 20 psychotherapy sessions a year, a sufficient number to keep your mental health in good condition. In addition, some insurers raise this number of sessions if it is a treatment of eating disorders.
With reimbursement insurance, the number of psychotherapy sessions can be higher, but it must also be taken into account that a percentage of the expenses of each service are borne by the insured, since the insurer does not usually return one hundred percent of the amount already paid.
This article is merely informative, in Psychology-Online we do not have the power to make a diagnosis or recommend a treatment. We invite you to go to a psychologist to treat your particular case.